Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fried Bananas with Homemade Chocolate Sauce

I am not a huge dessert person. This is odd because I grew up in a household where we ate a bowl of ice cream for dessert every evening. My mom loves sweets and my dad could eat a piece of pie every night. I guess I would rather have savory than sweet; so when I find a dessert recipe that intrigues me, I run out to grab the ingredients because it is rare.

I love watching The Food Network on Saturday mornings. Last Saturday, Giada made fried bananas with a homemade chocolate sauce. Please note that I never actually looked up the recipe before I made it (I was going off of memory), so this is my variation. This is seriously one of the easiest desserts!


You could simply use Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, but for a nice evening, make this easy chocolate sauce.

- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise so you have four pieces of banana
- Light brown sugar
- 1 TBS butter (use more if needed)

In a double boiler (or in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water - do not let boiling water touch the glass bowl) combine the 1/4 cup of water and all semi-sweet chocolate. Melt chocolate in water to create homemade chocolate sauce.

Place brown sugar on a plate. I don't have a specific amount listed because I just eyeballed how much I might need for bananas. Roll bananas in brown sugar. Melt butter in a saucepan, add the bananas, and cook for 30 seconds. Place bananas on a plate and top with chocolate sauce.

Tasty chocolate sauce and fried bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment