Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beef Stew

I love to cook. When I am stressed, cooking relaxes me and as it starts to turn cold, I love to be in the kitchen every weekend. By the way, I promise this blog won't always be about food, but that's what I have to write about at the moment :)

I wanted beef stew on Sunday and I didn't have a lot in the kitchen. It was pouring rain all day, so I had no desire to go out to the grocery store. I had beef cubes, carrots, a red onion and every seasoning you can think of in the pantry.

On the side, I just cut up a beautiful, ripe tomato, topped it with feta cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Lindsay's Beef Stew
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 lb beef cubes, coated in flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion sliced
- Handful of baby carrots or two regular carrots, cut into chunks
- 1.5 cups of beef broth (I just used bouillon cubes that I had on hand)
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper

Put olive oil and butter in skillet over medium high heat. After coating beef in flour, put beef cubes in pan with garlic and onions; cook until beef is browned. Add beef broth, carrots, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment