Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Love Pot Roast

I've had a craving for pot roast since the weather has started to get cooler. I love this time of year when the leaves change color, you can drink warm apple cider (even though I'm not a big apple fan), and you can enjoy a day buying pumpkins, mums, and wandering through a good corn maze. As much as I love warm weather, I am a sucker for the changing seasons.

Yesterday was a long day at work and I knew I wouldn't want to cook when I got home, so I invited my beau Pete over for a pot roast dinner. It was AMAZING! I love a good pot roast and I love it even more when I barely do any work! I made a nice green salad and mashed potatoes on the side. I know a lot of people put potatoes in their pot roast, but I love mashed potatoes.

Lindsay's Pot Roast
- Olive Oil (~2 TBS)
- 1 onion sliced or chopped in chunks
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast
- Salt & Pepper
- 1.5 cups of beef broth

Before I went to work, I put about 1 TBS of olive oil in a skilled and browned the veggies. After browning veggies, put them in the crockpot. Salt and pepper the roast. Put another TBS of olive oil in pan and brown meat on both sides. Once brown, place in crockpot on veggies. Pour in broth. I set my crockpot to cook on low for 10 hours.

When I came home, I broke apart the meat with two forks and let it sit and soak up the juices while I made the mashed potatoes and salad. Great meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment