Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chaotic Life

Yes, that's right. I've had a chaotic life for the past 1.5 months. I cannot believe it has been since mid-March that I posted. So sorry fellow readers!! I figured I better post something on here just in case they cancel blogs because people haven't posted in awhile!

And what happened to blogspot - ahhhhh, the entire back end of the website has now changed to blogger...time to get used to a new platform!

Well, as I mentioned, life has been busy! As you may (or may not know) my coworker Martha left on December 1st and came back in mid April for a sabbatical with her family. I am so happy that she is back after living in New Zealand for several months. While I am happy she is back, I'm sure she would prefer to be living her adventure in New Zealand. Work was so incredibly busy at the end of March and all of April that there are days that I am not sure if they actually existed. I kind of feel that way about January and February as well. Did those months exist this year? But, as busy as I was, it was a experience to be able to work with non-profits and handle the granting side of our organization. I cannot complain about the experience at all because I feel like I have so much knowledge about our community and all the good that we do on a daily basis that I didn't have before.

Now that Martha is back, my job will - once again - be evolving. I have not yet been here for two years and I am going on my third transition.
1. My first transition happened when I first started working here...because I had not worked in almost 1.5 years. I was hired part-time to do communications and public relations.
2. When Martha made the decision to take a sabbatical, I had the opportunity to continue my work, add on her work, and have a full time job, which was wonderful.
3. Now I will continue doing communications and public relations, but I get to add on donor education and engagement. I am SUPER excited about this new addition and I am having fun researching what we should do for donor relations. It is so important to make sure that we are here for our donors, answering their questions, and connecting them with the causes that matter. After all, our mission is that we inspire and encourage charitable giving in Northeastern Wisconsin by connecting people who care with solutions that strengthen our community.

There is never a dull day in this job and 99% of the time, I am excited to get up and come to work to see what is in store that day. If you know me, you know I don't like to be bored at work...I am never bored here, which is a great thing!

I promise, I won't go almost two months without another blog post! As for my recipe and cooking posts...don't hold your breath! I've been too busy to cook fun new meals, so it's been a lot of spaghetti and whatever Pete wants to cook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment