Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer "Salad"

Sometimes I feel like I develop the weirdest salads because I make them based on what I'm craving at the time. I have gotten into non-lettuce "salads" recently based on some great dips that I've had at parties or gatherings. Why can't I just eat dip and call it a meal? :) 

Last night I realized that I needed something for lunches this week at work. Since I haven't had a chance to go grocery shopping in a week, I went straight to the pantry. Ahhhhh, a can of artichoke hearts. I am seriously addicted to artichoke hearts lately and I can come up with anything if I have a can of these tasty treats!

Lindsay's Everything "Salad"
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can black olives, drained

I mixed them all together! Yes, people, it's just that easy!

I did not dress the salad with anything so that I could put a different dressing on it each day. Last night I placed some of the salad on heated leftover rice with soy sauce. Today, I had the salad for lunch with Trader Joe's Caesar dressing. TASTY! You could easily turn this into a dip for a party - add some onion, tomato, and jalapeno and you instantly have a Texas-style caviar!

Note: If you use a can or jar of marinated artichoke hearts, you do not need to drain the can/jar. You can simply put the juices from the marinated hearts in your salad and it creates an instant dressing. Again, it's just that easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment