Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Mom's Veggie Pizza

My mom makes a killer cold veggie pizza. I remember eating this pizza at various parties growing up. It reminds me of my childhood...and it is so good and tasty! I've never had anything like it living in the South or on the East Coast, so to me, it is a Midwest dish. Because I've eaten this pizza so many times and by so many different people who've made it, I know there there are many variations in regards to spices and vegetables, but the recipe below is my mom's variation.



Veggie pizza is a beautiful appetizer to have at your parties

This dish is best made the day you serve it because it gets too soggy overnight.

Mom's Veggie Pizza Recipe
- 2 pkg crescent rolls
- 1-8oz package or tub of plain cream cheese (you may or may not use all of this), softened
- 1-2 TBS Light Mayo
- All Spice
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- Any variety of veggies you'd like. Suggestions - broccoli, red and yellow peppers, zucchini, chives or mild onions, mushrooms, celery, carrots, cucumber, cauliflower, etc. Cut all veggies into small pieces.
Lay crescent rolls flat on a jelly roll pan and bake as instructed but watch them to make sure they don't burn; usually 8-10 minutes is long enough. Let the baked dough cool completely and take a pizza cutter to cut squares for the pizza. Mix together soft cream cheese (maybe about 6 oz to start) and a little bit of light mayo (start with 1 TBS) to make it spreadable. Spread the mixture on your baked dough. Sprinkle All Spice and dill over the entire pizza. Note: Dill is strong so it is best to not sprinkle as much of this as the All Spice. Top with cold vegetables that are cut in small pieces. You can top with alfalfa sprouts if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment