Who doesn't love some fresh baked cookies full of yummy treats? We do in the Barber-Christensen house!!
Adapted from Food & Wine magazine, but with Lindsay's changes of chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oats (quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (I will use a little bit more next time)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer (or in a stand up mixer) beat the butter with both sugars at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. beat in the egg and vanilla. At a low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just incorporated, then mix in the oats, chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
Spread one inch sized cookie balls about 2 inches apart on large cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. EAT!!!