Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Chocolate Lover's Favorite Cake

Pete's birthday was in early May, so I made him a big, fat and yummy chocolate cake. I received this recipe years ago, but I don't know who sent it to me. It is very tasty and not at all healthy! Enjoy!

NOTE: I've never used other flavored extracts, but I assume vanilla and even mint extract would be good with this chocolate cake.



Chocolate Lover's Favorite Cake
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan.

In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well (hole) in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and extract. Beat on low speed for four minutes, scraping down bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chips and pour cake mix into the greased bundt pan.

Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar once the cake is completely cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment