Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Gourmet Cooking Class

It has been awhile since I've posted anything because I don't always know what to write about (even though that is what I do for a living). My good friend Lorrie said, "Just write about life, your thoughts, etc." So, I guess that's what I'll start doing.

But, before I start writing about life, thoughts, and other boring Lindsay topics, you get another FOOD POST. Man, I love food :)

Lorrie, Lisa and I are taking a gourmet cooking class through a local college here in Green Bay. This is the second or third time we've taken a class and for some reason, everything is funny. I'm not sure what the issue was last night, but we couldn't stop laughing; everything was funny. Ladies - you know what I'm talking about. You have those times where you just laugh so hard with each other that you're crying. Well, that was last night.

Anyway, the three of us were in charge of black bean empanadas and a frittata last night. The empanadas were fantastic and amazing. They were easy to make, but a little time consuming. There are some recipes that we receive in class that I know I'll never make, but the empanadas will be on my list, especially when I entertain.

The frittata was another story - holy cow did we mess that dish up, mainly because we couldn't stop talking, which meant we weren't reading the recipe. The recipe only called for 8 or 10oz of spinach and we just put in the entire bag (not paying attention). Yuck! If you REALLY like spinach, you could have enjoyed it, but it just tasted like grass to me. Blah.

One interesting thing about cooking classes is that you get to see a different side of your friends and sometimes these group cooking situations make you look at your self! For example, Lorrie is so organized and on top of things like I am...we're kindred spirits that way. But man, she just doesn't want to cook; and her comments are hilarious. I hope that Lisa and I have been able to help give her a bit of confidence through some classes. I've discovered that even when I don't want to be in control, well, I want to be in control! Not the best trait for working in groups, but I guess that is who I am! :) I've also realized that after three hours in a kitchen, I AM DONE! I get antsy and impatient waiting for all the other kitchens to finish their dishes. Again, it's who I am, so I embrace it :)


The three "L's" - Lisa, Lorrie, Lindsay

MMMMM, Empanada filling!

Crappy, awful, yucky frittata!

No comments:

Post a Comment