Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf Burgers

Last night Pete and I (well, Pete isn't feeling great, so I let him relax) made turkey meatloaf burgers, mashed potatoes and green beans. I love meatloaf and burgers, but I prefer my burgers without a bun, unless I'm at a picnic. So, I generally just make little meatloaf burgers at home. I wanted something with a lot of taste, without having to go to the grocery store after work. I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com. Below is my altered recipe based on what I had in my fridge.

- 1lb. ground turkey
- 1 slice bread, broken up OR 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 shallot, diced or 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Olive Oil for skillet

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Mix the turkey, bread crumbs, onion, eggs, chili powder, paprika, and kosher salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, then shape into patties.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the patties in the skillet and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes until the juices run clear.

If you don't have an oven proof skilled, after cooking on the stove top, place the browned patties on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Transfer the patties to a 9x13-inch baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment